Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Sky is Falling!

                           
Here is a photo of some of the staff of my project, the Gender Equity through Education (GEE) Program in front of the GEE office. (No, I don't wear that same shirt everyday!)


And then here are some photos from the staff work plan meeting we had in October. Due to the delay in funding from our donor we had no money to rent a location so we had the meeting Africa - style, meaning under the mango trees at the residence (i.e. my house). Fortunately it wasn't mango season yet because apparently you can get a concussion being hit by a mango, and I'd believe it after hearing mangoes dropping onto our corrugated metal roof over the past few weeks now that mango season has begun in earnest.



In the back you can see my new house and the security guard sitting by the water tank. I swear the guy is only about 16 years old!


An enterprising staff member rigged a flipchart stand from an old wire hooked onto the security razor wire atop the wall. (Incidentally, this is the same staff member who sent me the outfit from Malakal, which, to her horror was tied wrong in my photo in an earlier post.) Having previoulsy worked at NGOs with a strong training focus, I was caught unawares that the project didn't own a flipchart stand - let alone have a training room! Despite our humble facilities the meeting was very productive.



No comments:

Post a Comment